Trapster - you can use your phone while driving to get real-time audio alerts for live police, speed traps, red light cameras, speed cameras, and DUI checkpoints. Plus with push notifications, you can get the same alerts without having to run the app. It's perfect for road trips, daily commutes, and even short trips to the market.
Trapster is the only free app with more than 7 million users, hundreds of thousands of verified speed traps, patent pending virtual radar, and a team dedicated to constantly improving the experience. It's FREE, it's fun, and everyday it saves our users money spent on traffic violation fees and increased insurance premiums.
- Real time speed trap alerts: get alerts for red light cameras, speed cameras, police radar/laser speed traps, mobile speed cameras, checkpoints, and road hazards.
- Audio alerts: as you approach a reported trap a spoken voice alert will play, and on-screen icons will animate, according to the type of trap (for example "Live Police!").
- Virtual Radar(TM): the dynamic alert area is based on your GPS location and narrows and elongates according to your speed and direction of travel.
- "Push" notification (iPhone only) for speed traps: automatic alerts sent even when not running Trapster.
- Customizable alerts: from the options menu, select setup to customize which alerts you want to receive, when you receive them (ie. .5 miles away), and how often you want to receive them. You can completely control the alerts experience for every trap type supported by Trapster.
What the press is saying:
- New York Times: "Trapster maps out where speed traps are in real time, a boon to my occasionally spirited driving." - Roy Furchgott
- WIRED Magazine: #1 of apps that make the most of location
- Time.com: A top 10 iPhone App for Dads (
- Motor Trend: "Trapster is a new, geopositioning-based anti-ticket technology all driving enthusiasts will want to know about." - Arthur St. Antoine
Like it? Share with your friends!
GyPSii (Java) GyPSii is a social networking, search & location based suite of integrated mobile and web applications that allows users to share, view & upload pictures, video, text and POI
WPAverager WPAverager helps you to create more exact landmarks / waypoints with your mobile device
Redpin The aim of the Redpin project is to create an open source system that allows indoor positioning up to room-level description using mobile phones
Nulaz (Nokia) With Nulaz you can see where your friends are, share locations, view local info, send and receive messages from your friends
amAze (Samsung) AmAze is a first of its kind free navigation and local search service. It is free to download and use and it contains wide coverage of maps including aerial photo in Europe, North America, Australia and parts of Asia and Africa